Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10
Cook time: 25
A beautiful simple dessert absolutely perfect for a dinner party. Use that bottle of wine that's been collecting dust in the back of your cupboard (you know the one) - it will work great in this classic dish!
- 4 pears (peeled, halved and cored)
- 1 bottle of wine (which ever kind you like)
- ½ - ¾ cup sugar
- aromatics - vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, thyme, orange, juniper, etc. - use what you like and be creative!
- fresh whipped cream or ice cream
- Place wine, aromatics, ½ cup of sugar and pears into a pot.
- Bring up to a simmer for 10-20 minutes depending on size of the pears.
- When a fork slips into pears easily remove from heat and allow to cool in liquid.
- Once tepid - place the pears in to the fridge, leaving the juices in the pan.
- Continue cooking the liquid until reduced by half and forms a syrup.
- Taste the syrup - if its tart add a bit more sugar.
- Allow the syrup to cool once desired consistency is achieved.
- Strain out aromatics.
- Server syrup drizzled over pears with a scoop of gelato or whip cream!.