Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Stir together preserved lemon, garlic, olive oil and mint in mixing bowl.
- Add spearmint, parsley leaves and cucumber to bowl, season generously with black pepper and toss well.
- Serve salad chilled or at room temperature.
- Preserved lemons
- Wash and quarter lemons.
- Using tip of paring knife, remove any visible seeds.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons salt in 1-quart, wide-mouth canning jar.
- Drop 4 lemon quarters in jar, and sprinkle with another 2 tablespoons salt.
- Continue to layer lemons and salt in jar.
- Pour in enough lemon juice to fill jar.
- Screw on lid, shake and, if necessary, top off jar with more lemon juice.
- Leave jar at room temperature for about 6 to 8 days, shaking it daily, or until peel softens and pith turns from white to pale yellow throughout.