Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 1½ cups water
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 50 g or ¼ cup grease
- 800 g (28 oz) meat
- 500 g (18 oz) onions
- 200 g (7 oz) animal fat
- salt, spices to taste
- For the filling, put meat through a meat-grinder, combine well with chopped onions and fat, salt and spices.
- To make stiff dough, add water and salt to sifted flour, let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Roll out dough into thin layer, use mouth of a glass to cut out circles.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center, pinch edges up around the filling forming a ball and completely enclosing the meat.
- Sprinkle the sides with water and join samsa together in a square.
- Coat top with beaten egg and bake 30 – 40 minutes in tandoor or oven.