This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- boiling salted water
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large hard boiled egg
- Wash asparagus spears and trim off tough ends then place in boiling salted water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain off liquid.
- In a small saucepan melt butter then cook over low heat until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle freshly grated cheese over butter and mix well the spoon over asparagus.
- Garnish with sliced egg.