Copyright 2002, Barefoot Contessa Family Style, All rights reserved
- 2½ pounds fresh asparagus (about 30 large)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 lemons cut in wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- If the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom ½ of each.
- Lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute.
- Serve with lemon wedges.