Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bread with California avocado and horseradish
- 1 calamari steak, lightly breaded
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 oz flour
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese
- 2 gallons clarified butter
- focaccia bread (6 x 6) oiled
- 2 green-leaf lettuce
- 1 oz alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tomato (5 x 6) slices
- ½ ripe medium California avocado, seeded, peeled and fanned
- 1 pickle spear
- 1 radicchio leaf
- 1 belgian endive leaf
- 1 oz grilled zucchini, sliced
- 1 oz grilled yellow squash
Tartar sauce Edit
- Slightly pound calamari.
- flour, egg, and dredge in Parmesan cheese, making sure cheese coats well.
- If not, dip in egg and cheese again.
- In teflon sauce pan, heat clarified butter.
- When hot, briefly saute calamari until brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Brush focaccia bread with clarified butter and grill.
- Cut on bias giving you a triangle.
- Grill zucchini and yellow squash ahead and cool.
- Assemble sandwich with green leaf, sliced tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado.
- Drizzle tartar sauce on top.
- Garnish plate and serve.
- Tartar sauce preparation:.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.