This is how tomatoes were prepared as a popular side dish in the 60's and 70's
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- ½ cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, each cut crosswise in half
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and pepper; mix well.
- Place the tomatoes in an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Pat the filling mixture evenly over the cut side of each tomato half.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and the tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve at once.