Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is how tomatoes were prepared as a popular side dish in the 60's and 70's
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- ½ cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, each cut crosswise in half
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and pepper; mix well.
- Place the tomatoes in an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Pat the filling mixture evenly over the cut side of each tomato half.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and the tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve at once.