- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 ½ lb. potatoes, any kind, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 tbsp. water, hot or lukewarm only
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup regular or low-fat milk
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ tsp. salt
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe container, combine potatoes, water and garlic.
- Cover and microwave or put on an oven on high, 12 to 14 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add milk, cheese and salt, beating until light and fluffy (if mixture becomes too thick, add more milk 1 tbsp. at a time). Serve hot and plain or with any vegetable, side dish, or main dish.