Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 12
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and cooled
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 14 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Put rack in middle of oven.
- Heat to 350°F.
- Coat 11-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick spray.
- Process sugar and walnuts in a food processor until nuts are finely ground.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt; pulse to blend.
- Add butter; pulse just until mixture comes together when pressed between your fingers.
- Scatter crumbs evenly over bottom of pan.
- Top with plastic wrap.
- Using bottom of a small measuring cup, press crumbs evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Remove wrap.
- Prick dough all over with a floured fork.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until crust looks dry and slightly puffed.
- Let cool on a wire rack while making filling.
- Stir chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; whisk in eggs and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Pour into warm crust.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes until filling is set around edges but still slightly jiggly in centre.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, at least 1½ hours.
- To serve remove pan rim. Lightly dust tart with cocoa.