Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 12
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and cooled
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 14 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Put rack in middle of oven.
- Heat to 350°F.
- Coat 11-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick spray.
- Process sugar and walnuts in a food processor until nuts are finely ground.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt; pulse to blend.
- Add butter; pulse just until mixture comes together when pressed between your fingers.
- Scatter crumbs evenly over bottom of pan.
- Top with plastic wrap.
- Using bottom of a small measuring cup, press crumbs evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Remove wrap.
- Prick dough all over with a floured fork.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until crust looks dry and slightly puffed.
- Let cool on a wire rack while making filling.
- Stir chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; whisk in eggs and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Pour into warm crust.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes until filling is set around edges but still slightly jiggly in centre.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, at least 1½ hours.
- To serve remove pan rim. Lightly dust tart with cocoa.