Jersey Fresh Recipes, public domain government resource, recipe contributed by Linda Robinson—original source of recipe
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp strong coffee
- ¾ cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1½ tsp sugar
- Combine chocolate, salt, and coffee in top of double boiler.
- Stir until melted.
- Beat egg yolks until very light.
- Gradually beat in chocolate.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Whip cream and sugar.
- Fold in half of whipped cream.
- Spoon into serving dish.
- Decorate with remaining whipped cream.