Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jersey Fresh Recipes, public domain government resource, recipe contributed by Linda Robinson—original source of recipe
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp strong coffee
- ¾ cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1½ tsp sugar
- Combine chocolate, salt, and coffee in top of double boiler.
- Stir until melted.
- Beat egg yolks until very light.
- Gradually beat in chocolate.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Whip cream and sugar.
- Fold in half of whipped cream.
- Spoon into serving dish.
- Decorate with remaining whipped cream.