Jersey Fresh Recipes, public domain government resource, recipe contributed by Marilyn Godwin—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 8 ounces sweet cooking chocolate
- 5 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- whipped cream to decorate
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, add coffee, stir occasionally.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pile into soufflé dishes and decorate with whipped cream just before serving.
- Chill at least 8 hours before serving.