- 1 lb lean sirloin, finely ground
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 small poblano chile
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup raw rice
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Combine meat and 2 cups cold water, mix thoroughly.
- Saute onion and chile in oil.
- Add meat, rice and oregano.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until rice is cooked; about 15 minutes.
- Do not allow it to actually boil.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Add parsley and salt to taste.
- Serve with "Sopa Paraguaya" (Paraguayan cornbread); the traditional accompaniment.