Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yacht Club potato chips
- Makes about 4 cups of chips
- Using a mandolin adjusted to the thinnest cutting width, slice the potatoes paper thin, and immediately place the slices in a large bowl filled with cold salted water.
- In a deep fryer or a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375°F, or until a slice of potato sizzles when it touches the oil.
- Drain the potato slices, pat them dry with paper towels, and fry a handful at a time, turning with a slotted spoon until brown and crisp.
- Do not fry too many chips at once, or the oil temperature will fall and the chips will be soggy rather than crisp.
- Drain on a paper-towel-lined platter, transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle liberally with salt, and serve hot.