Fruit & Vegetable of the Month: Papaya by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 2 papayas, ripe
- 1 cup (11 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 banana, (small and ripe), sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup combination blueberries and strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- Cut papayas in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds.
- Place oranges, banana, kiwi and berries in each papaya half.
- Combine yogurt, honey and mint; mix well and spoon over fruit before serving.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.