Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from a friend of mine from Trinidad. She serves these candies every Christmas.
- 1 papaya, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¾ cup sugar (per every cup of papaya)
- green food coloring or red food coloring
- Squeeze excess juice out of the grated papaya.
- Measure the papaya: to every cup of papaya, add ¾ cup sugar.
- Mix the papaya, sugar, lime peel and lime juice in a saucepan.
- Cook slowly over medium/low heat until the mixture "gels".
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Shape into balls and roll the balls in granulated sugar.