Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cooking time: 5 minutes.
Serves: 3-4 people.
- 6 ounces canned mackerel filets, drained and crumbled
- 10 ounces (250 g) pappardelle substitutions: fettuccine, tagliatelle
- a bunch of basil, shredded
- ½ a bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté the onion until it is lightly browned in the olive oil, then crumble the mackerel into it.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, vinegar, bullion, basil, and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for a half hour, adding more liquid if it looks to be drying out, and in the meantime heat pasta water.
- Salt the water, cook the pasta, check the seasoning of the sauce, and pour it over the pasta after you drain it.