Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Pannequet (from the same root word as pancake) is like a small stuffed crêpe. The Pannequets in this recipe can be served as an hors d 'oeuvre or as an appetizer. To accentuate the unique taste of Belgian Blue Beef, the «crêpe» is replaced by a thinly sliced sheet of Beef, «carpaccio» style.
- 400 g / 14 oz filet or inside round of Belgian Blue beef
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ red bell pepper cut into fine dice
- 1 diced green onion
- fresh ground pepper
- tabasco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 50 g / 2 oz fresh goat cheese
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 – 5 basil leaves
- 4 dried tomato slices cut into small cubes
- salt, pepper
- Wrap the cut of meat in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for approximately 2 hours (this will facilitate thin slicing).
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all ingredients and leave to infuse.
- When ready, cut 8 thin slices of Belgian Blue beef carpaccio style (wafer thickness), delicately place them on a sheet of waxed paper and keep in the fridge.
- Grind or chop the remaining meat to which you add all other ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Divide this mixture amongst the thin slices of beef.
- Roll the slices around the mixture to form small cylinders.
- Place the completed pannequets in the marinade and leave an hour before serving.
- Turn frequently while marinating.