Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 hours in the refrigerator
An easy dessert to make that is always a crowd-pleaser is panna cotta with fresh picked wild berries - the combination of the rich, creamy, vanilla panna cotta with with tart & tangy berry sauce drizzled atop is a perfect match.
Panna Cotta Edit
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- scant ½ cup milk
- 2¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, slit lengthwise
Berry Sauce Edit
- 1 pint of your favorite berries or cherries
- ¼ cup or less sugar (depending on sweetness of berries)
- ¼ cup of water
- optional - mint, lemon juice, lemon zest, etc.
- Fill a bowl with water, add the gelatin and let is soak.
- Pour milk into a pan and bring to just below simmering, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Do not let it boil.
- Drain and squeeze out the gelatin and add the milk.
- Pour the cream into another pan, add the sugar and vanilla bean and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat, remove the vanilla bean and stir in the milk mixture.
- You can put the mixture into any kind of ramekin, mold, cup, you like.
- Rinse your 'glass' in ice-cold water, shaking out any excess water and fill with the milk mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours until set (at least 3-4 hours).
- Turn out onto a serving dish and serve with fruit sauce or chocolate sauce.
- Put the berries, sugar and water in a pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the fruit breaks down and forms a syrup.
- Drizzle over the top of the panna cotta once on the serving plate.