- Mix 2½ cups of flour and yeast.
- In a saucepan heat and stir milk;sugar; shortening, margarine, or butter; and salt until warm and shortening almost melts.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Using a spoon, stir in as much remaining flour as you can to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and easy to pull - 6–8 minutes.
- Put some Crisco shortening on your hands.
- This will add moisture to your rolls and make it easier to handle.
- Shape in a ball and put in a greased bowl.
- Turn it on both sides to grease the whole ball of dough.
- Cover and let rise in the oven on the top rack and below it in a pan put some hot water (the steam from the hot water will help it to rise) about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down.
- Roll 18 balls and cover for 10 minutes while you make the following milk mixture.
- Mix 2 cans of coconut milk with 1 cup of sugar (add more sugar if you like it sweeter).
- In 2 13x9x2 pans, pour in half of the milk mixture in each pan, put in 9 bread rolls on top.
- Bake at 375°F in the oven for 20 minutes or until bread tests done.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.