Cottage cheese in a yoghurt sauce
- 2 cups paneer (cottage cheese) diced into cubes and fried till lightly browned
- 1 cup fresh onion paste
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Add onion paste and fry till paste starts to dry.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes and cook till tomatoes pulp nicely.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and 1 tsp of tomato paste. Allow to come to a boil. Add water to get desired gravy consistency.
- Add yoghurt and let the gravy come to a boil.
- Add fried paneer pieces and peas and cover cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a sprinkle of garam masala.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com