Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
pancit Molo, an adaptation of wonton soup, is a specialty of the town of Molo in Iloilo a well-know district in the province. Unlike other pancit, pancit molo is not dry but soupy and it does not make use of long, thin noodles but instead wonton wrappers made from rice flour. Leftover wonton wrappers can also be cut into strips and drop into the hot broth.
- ¼ kilo ground pork
- ¼ kilo shrimps, chopped
- 1 small singkamas, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 pack molo wrapper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and flaked
- 3 slices Chinese ham, chopped
- ½ cup shelled shrimps
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped spring onions
- fried garlic
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling except for the molo wrapper.
- Put some filling on one corner of a molo wrapper.
- Roll up to enclose.
- Get the two ends and pinch together to seal.
- Do this for all the filling and wrappers.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add chicken, ham and shrimps.
- Cook for a few minutes then add the broth.
- Bring to a boil then drop in the stuffed molo wrappers.
- Season to taste.
- Cover and let boil.
- Serve hot topped with spring onions and fried garlic.