Panama passionfruit: This fruit boasts a sublime balance of tang and sweetness.
- Chef: Steve Manfredi
- Photo: Marco Del Grande
- Source: The Sydney Morning Herald Monday November 24, 2008 Modern, Quick, Contemporary, Wheat free, Nut free, Dessert
- Serves 4
- Slice the passionfruit a third of the way from the top and scoop out the seeds, keeping them in a bowl.
- Mix the caster sugar and coconut flour together.
- Pass the ricotta through a fine sieve to remove any lumps.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk them till they form soft peaks.
- Add the sugar and flour mixture a little at a time, continually whisking, till they are glossy and stiff.
- Fold into the ricotta with half the passionfruit seeds so the mixture is well-incorporated and light.
- Fill the passionfruit shells and serve with the remaining passionfruit seeds on top.