Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 day old bread rolls
- 1 liter (1½ pints) clear stock
- chopped chives
- salt, pepper
- 1 egg yolks
- ½ cup cream
- Cut rolls into cubes and cook with the stock until the rolls have been completely absorbed by soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk egg yolk with cream, gradually pour on the hot soup whisking all the time.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve at once.
- A small lump of butter added just before serving greatly improves the flavor.