Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Follow the instructions in the Vegetable Vinaigrette recipe
- Lightly season shad filet, and dust with fresh parsley.
- Place in hot oiled skillet with skin side down. Sear for 2 minutes on one side, then 2–3 minutes on the other side. The skin will probably stick, but this does not matter. Get a light caramelization on the flesh side, and cook until barely done.
- Transfer shad to paper towel and blot off excess oil.
- Place shad on plate of tomato slices.
- Top with Vegetable Vinaigrette, then top again with crispy shoestring potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.