Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Follow the instructions in the Vegetable Vinaigrette recipe
- Lightly season shad filet, and dust with fresh parsley.
- Place in hot oiled skillet with skin side down. Sear for 2 minutes on one side, then 2–3 minutes on the other side. The skin will probably stick, but this does not matter. Get a light caramelization on the flesh side, and cook until barely done.
- Transfer shad to paper towel and blot off excess oil.
- Place shad on plate of tomato slices.
- Top with Vegetable Vinaigrette, then top again with crispy shoestring potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.