Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Bread Edit
The Topping Edit
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let yeast mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup sugar, melted butter, 2 beaten eggs, and ½ teaspoon salt to yeast mixture, and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until ingredients are well blended.
- Gradually add 3½ cups flour, beating until mixture is smooth (dough will be sticky)
- Place dough in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85'), free from drafts, 1½ hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until dough.
- Is smooth and elastic (2 to 3 minutes).
- Shape dough into 18 balls, and place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball slightly.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, ground cinnamon, and ⅛ teaspoon salt in a medium mixing bowl; cut in ½ cup butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in egg yolk.
- Shape mixture into 18 balls; roll each ball to a 3-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a metal spatula, place one circle on top of each roll (circles should completely cover the top of each roll).
- Score through topping and halfway through roll with a sharp knife, forming a swirl or a crisscross design.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.