Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 4 large sandwiches.
- 1 x 6½ oz can solid white tuna in water, well drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 tbsp capers, drained
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1 sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small loaves of peasant bread
- extra-virgin olive oil
- several large cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Slice each loaf of bread in half horizontally, and rub the cut surfaces with the garlic cloves.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on each half, and salt and pepper them.
- For each sandwich, pile on slices of onion, tomato and bell pepper and sprinkle on a few capers.
- Top with 2 or 3 anchovy filets, chunks of the tuna and slices of hard-boiled egg.
- Put the tops on, squish them down, and wrap in lengths of waxed paper, twisting the ends.