Makes 4 servings.
- 8 attractive lettuce leaves such as red leaf or green leaf
- 4 nectarines, pitted and julienned
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp lime juice, about 3 limes
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 4 salmon fillets, each about ½ inch thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- Divide the lettuce leaves evenly among 4 dinner plates and arrange them along the edge.
- Add the nectarines and the avocados and drizzle with the lime juice.
- Sprinkle with the chives.
- Season the fillets with the salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat.
- When it foams, add the fillets and cook about 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook about 30 seconds, then add the wine, scraping up any bits clinging to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook another 2 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through and flakes when pierced with a fork.
- Place a fillet on each plate, alongside the avocados and nectarines. Drizzle with any pan juices.