Pan-fried pepper rib eye steaks with roasted parmesan potato slices.
- About 30 minutes before serving, preheat boiler if manufacturer directs.
- Slice unpeeled potatoes crosswise into ¼ inch slices.
- On ungreased jelly roll pan, arrange potatoes in a single layer, overlapping slightly if necessary.
- Drizzle potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive or salad oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Place jelly roll pan with potatoes in broiler about 4 inches from source of heat.
- Broil potatoes 10 minutes turning them once.
- Sprinkle potatoes with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes longer until cheese melts and potatoes brown.
- While potatoes are broiling, dice onion.
- In 12 inch skillet over medium heat in 1 tablespoon hot olive or salad oil, cook onion until tender with slotted spoon,remove onion to bowl.
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In same skillet over medium high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive or salad oil, cook steaks until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes for rare or until of desired doneness.
- Place steaks on warm platter.
- Keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, spoon off fat.
- Add vinegar and cook onion.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen brown bits on bottom of skillet.
- Spoon onion mixture over steaks.
- Arrange Parmesan potatoes around steaks.
- To serve cut each steak in half.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.