Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To experience John dory is something you won't soon forget. Mild, sweet, and flavorful, this delicate fish will melt in your mouth and leave you pondering why you didn't try it sooner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yields: 4 servings
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3½ cups fresh breadcrumbs made from (crustless) Italian bread
- 4 x 6-ounce skinless John dory fillets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Place flour on a plate and place breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Dredge fish in flour, making sure to shake off excess.
- Dip fish into seasoned eggs and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer fillets to baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Gently place 2 fillets into the oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Coating should be golden brown and fillets should be opaque in the center.
- Transfer fillets to baking sheet and place them in the oven to keep them warm.
- Repeat until all fish has been cooked.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.