Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Geogrian tomato sauce. This sauce often accompanies basturma, grilled marinated meat. The prunes add a hint of sweetness, while the coriander adds depth. Try serving his sauce with American-style steaks.
- Makes One Quart
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup of corn oil
- 3 pound of ripe tomatoes, cut into eights
- ½ cup of pitted prunes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1½ teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2¼ teaspoons of ground coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- In a saucepan sauté the onions and garlic in the oil until soft, then add tomatoes.
- Cook gently, covered, for 45 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Put through a food mill or strainer, pressing hard on the solids.
- Return the sauce to the pan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Reheat to serve.
- If placed in a sealed jar the sauce will last in the freezer for a long, long time.