Preparing the Cream Edit
- Scrape 5 fresh coconuts into the baking tin.
- Bake in oven until brown.
- Add ~ cup of warm water.
- Squeeze with a thin cloth or tauaga to get cream.
- Add salt and onion to personal taste.
Preparing the Palusami Edit
- Get taro leaves. (You will need ~ 4 leaves for one luau.)
- Use 1 big leaf and 3 or 4 smaller leaves. You can break a bigger leaf to make a smaller leaf.) Lay the 4 pieces flat with the big one on the bottom and the 3 smaller ones on top.
- Place leaves in hand and close hand slightly to make leaves in a bowl-like shape, into which you pour the cream.
- Pour ~ a small cup of coconut cream inside the leaf structure and close outside edges of the leaves to enclose the cream, making the leaves like a ball-like structure.
- Wrap total package in aluminum foil, twisting the top to conceal and hold the package tight.
- Put in oven and cook for about an hour at ~ 250°C (quite high).