- 1 cup sweet cream
- 2 yeast cakes
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter
- 4 cups unbleached flour (all-purpose)
- 2 oz rum
- 6 tbsp sugar
- Heat cream to luke warm. Add salt and egg yolks and beat till thick.
- cream butter and Sugar.
- Put these into large bowl, add yeast dissolved with 1 tablespoon sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add rum then flour and cream alternately and beat hard till dough blisters.
- Set in warm place to rise. punch down and let rise again.
- Place dough on floured surface and stretch and fill with pitted prunes.
- Fold over and cut into desired size balls.
- Place on floured surface and let rise.
- Fry in deep hot oil turning once.
- Paczki should be very dark in color before turning to ensure that they are thoroughly baked.
- Drain on soft absorbent paper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.