This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ritchie Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup fresh medium size oysters
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup fine bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Cocktail sauce Edit
- Heat oil in large cast iron or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix eggs and water.
- Dip each oyster in flour then egg water mixture then bread crumbs before putting in skillet.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Oysters should be medium brown color.
- Turn only once.
- Serve hot with cocktail sauce.