Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ritchie Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup fresh medium size oysters
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup fine bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Cocktail sauce Edit
- Heat oil in large cast iron or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix eggs and water.
- Dip each oyster in flour then egg water mixture then bread crumbs before putting in skillet.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Oysters should be medium brown color.
- Turn only once.
- Serve hot with cocktail sauce.