- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, then the Onion paste and sauté till brown and fat separates.
- Add the mixed vegetables and potatoes and sauté first over high heat, then over low, till cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and puree, green chillies, turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala and red pepper and continue cooking till the fat separates. Keep mashing the vegetables with the stirrer as it cooks.
- To serve, heat some butter, slit the bread horizontally and fry in the butter till brown.
- Serve with the vegetables.