- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- milk (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Crisco for Frying
- Sift flour, measure, and sift again with the salt, baking powder, and Sugar.
- Cut in the shortening, and add milk to make a soft dough just firm enough to roll.
- Cover bowl and let dough stand for 30 to 60 minutes; then roll 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured board and cut in diamond-shaped pieces.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to about 375 degrees.
- Add a few pieces at a time, so that you do not cool the oil too quickly, turn at once so they will puff evenly, then turn back to brown both sides.
- You may want to sprinkle with cinnamon and Sugar before eating.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with honey.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.