- GROUP A:
- 1 stick butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. flour
- GROUP B:
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 4 tsp. Karo syrup or honey
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- CRUST :::
- Mix ingredients in Group A well and divide mixture into small balls.
- With fingers, press into small muffin pans to cover entire interior of each.
- FILLING :::
- Mix and beat together ingredients in Group B using only 3 parts of the chopped pecans.
- Add remaining pecans to bottom of each pan.
- Pour mixture of Group B into each pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Mixture is enough for 24 small tarts.