Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 greased casserole dish (use whatever you like for greasing, PAM or butter or margarine) I would not use shortening it gives the recipe too strong a taste and we can do without the extra fat.
- 1½ lbs of a combination of beef, pork, and veal ground meat
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped
- 3 carrots chopped very small
- 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
- 1 garlic clove very finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion medium sized very finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste. I like to use the beef broth powder as my seasoning, as it already has salt in it.
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil or vegetable oil
- 6 potatoes (+ milk and butter to mash them)
- 1 or 2 cans of corn
- 1 or 2 cans of peas
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- First cook potatoes with a little salt.
- Mash the potatoes, do not use milk or butter. Just the potatoes.
- Have this ready before cooking the meat mixture.
- Depending on the size of your casserole dish, use 1 or 2 cans of corn or 1 small package of frozen corn, you can also use fresh corn if it is available.
- Use enough to form one layer of corn in the casserole dish after you add the meat mixture.
- 1 or 2 cans of peas, but frozen peas keep their shape better or one small package of frozen peas.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Begin by browning the meats with the oil.
- Add the vegetables, that is, the celery, carrots, garlic and onion until tender.
- Add the tomato purée and the seasoning.
- When the meat mixture is ready, meaning the meat is no longer red and the vegetables are almost tender, pour this into a greased casserole dish in one layer.
- Add the corn and layer on top of the meat.
- Add the peas and layer on top of the corn.
- Add the mashed potatoes and layer on top of the peas.
- Sprinkle a couple of pinches of paprika.
- Place it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown.