Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the O'Reilly Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- fresh oysters in the shell
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tangerine
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh wasabi peeled and very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- With a sharp knife peel grapefruit and tangerine just deep enough to expose the fruit removing all white pulp.
- Section the citrus over a bowl to catch the juices then finely chop fruit sections.
- Return fruit to the bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days before serving.
- Wash oysters and scrub shells with a vegetable brush to remove any debris.
- Refrigerate until ready to shuck.
- Right before serving shuck oysters discarding top shells and inspecting oysters for any bits of broken shell picking them out carefully.
- Serve on a platter with crushed ice.
- Serve splash in a bowl so guests can spoon it over oysters.