Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 x 14oz can artichoke hearts, cut in quarters
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 1 can chicken broth
- pinch cayenne
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 pint oysters, drained and chopped (reserve liquor)
- ¼ cup vermouth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Melt the butter and saute the green onions, celery and garlic until soft.
- Add the artichokes.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the flour and stir to coat the vegetables well, but do not let the flour brown.
- Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly.
- Add the cayenne, salt, Worcestershire sauce and thyme.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the oysters, oyster liquor and vermouth and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Stir in the milk and half-and-half.
- Before serving, heat the soup slowly over low heat.
Nutritional information Edit
- 428 Calories | 25g Fat | 27g Carbs | 5g Fiber | 1714mg Sodium