Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a unique and delicious version of the traditional oyster stew
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 jars oysters with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- juice of 2 lemons (6 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Soak rice in 1 cup of warm water for 20 minutes. Remove, dry in a cloth and place in a processor to break up grains (about 10 seconds).
- Heat oil in a large pot and add onion, tomatoes, and rice. Mix well and shake for about 3 minutes. Strain liquid from oysters and add enough water to make 1 ltr. Add water to onion mixture and simmer 2 minutes. Add oysters and simmer until oysters are cooked (be careful not to overcook). Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper; stir and serve hot