- 1 pound of oysters, shucked
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- a few fresh basil leaves
- ¼ pound vermicelli cooked (rice or Wheat)
- Sauce A: ½ tablespoon cooking wine or sherry, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sauce B: 2 tablespoons cooking wine or sherry, 4 cups stock or water,
- Step 1: Wash the oysters by rubbing gently in several changes of salt water. Blanch in boiling water. Remove and drain . Marinate in sauce A and set aside.
- Step 2: Heat water in a large enough pot to cook the vermicelli While this water is coming to a boil, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a preheated wok. Stir-fry garlic for three minutes, then add soy sauce and sauce B. Boil until thick. Stir in oysters and fresh basil and remove from heat. Don’t forget to drain your vermicelli
- Step 3: Place the warm and drained vermicelli noodles in a bowl. Pour the oyster soup over the noodles.