Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 dozen medium oysters, about 1 pint
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 12 slices bread, toasted
- 8 thin slices tomatoes
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon
- lettuce leaves
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat oysters with the flour mixture.
- Cook oysters in butter until lightly browned on all sides.
- Mix mayonnaise with horseradish.
- Spread 4 toast slices with the mayonnaise mixture. Cover with tomato slices and then bacon slices. Top with 4 more toast slices spread with mayonnaise mixture. Cover with lettuce leaves then arrange oysters over lettuce. Spread remaining toast with mayonnaise mixture and place over oysters.
- Secure with wooden picks and trim crusts if desired. Cut oyster sandwiches diagonally into halves.
Makes 4 oyster club sandwiches