Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups oysters with liquor
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Blend flour into oil in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until roux is light brown.
- Add onions, green pepper, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until onions and pepper are tender.
- Add oysters and liquor; continue cooking about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice.