Korean cucumber salad. Serves six people.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 large green cucumbers
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mild vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons toasted, crushed sesame seeds
- Peel cucumbers thinly and cut across into thin slices.
- Put in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and add water.
- Soak for 15 minutes, then drain off all liquid.
- Combine other ingredients, pour over cucumbers.
- Mix well and serve chilled.