Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 oxtail
- 15 ml butter or dripping
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium turnip, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
- 45 ml chopped celery
- 3 peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 litres water
- 1 bouquet garni (3 sprigs parsley, 1 sprig thyme, 1 bay leaf)
- 125 ml cake flour
- 25 ml sherry or dry red wine (optional)
- 5 ml salt
- 1 ml cayenne pepper
- Add the meat and the onion and sauté till the onions are golden and the meat browned.
- Add the remaining vegetables, the peppercorns, cloves, water and bouquet garni and simmer, covered, for 3 hours.
- Mix the flour to a paste with a little water and stir it into the soup to thicken it.
- Add the sherry or wine and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the meat and serve immediately.