Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 slices French bread
- In small pan cook brown sugar, butter and corn syrup until thick.
- Pour into ungreased rectangular baking pan.
- Arrange peeled apple slices on top of caramel on pan bottom.
- In a bowl beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Dip bread slices into the mixture for 1 minute and place bread slices on top of apples.
- Pour any remaining mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a medium saucepan stirring frequently until hot.
- Serve over french toast.