Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 6 Smart Dogs
- 6 skewers
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- egg replacer = 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp melted shortening
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the soy milk, egg replacer, and shortening and mix until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Put the smart dogs on the sticks and dip them in the cornmeal batter to coat them evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 350 degrees until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.