Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Ready in: 2 – 5 hrs
- Serves/Makes: 8
- 2 pounds boneless round steak (½-inch thick)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounce size) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounce size) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- hot cooked noodles
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Trim beef; cut into serving-size pieces.
- Place in a greased 13 x 9- inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Top with onion, mushrooms and tomato sauce.
- Cover and bake for 1¾ to two hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve over noodles.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (without noodles):
- Calories 209 | Fat 10g | Cholesterol 68mg | Carbohydrates 4g | Protein 26g | Sodium 112mg | Fiber 1.2g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat | 1 vegetable.