Large wedges of seasoned potatoes make a simple partner to almost any steak. Restaurants served them deep-fried, but at home, you can bake the wedges in the oven until crisp on the outside and creamy inside.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the oil, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl. Stir to mix.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters lengthwise, then cut each quarter crosswise in half to form wedges.
- Transfer the cut potatoes to the bowl of seasonings. Mix well to coat the potatoes evenly and thoroughly.
- Space the seasoned potatoes on an ungreased baking pan without overcrowding. Bake until well browned and fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Serve right away.