Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From "Vegetarian Cooking for Diabetics"
- 1 medium eggplant
- ½ cup cottage cheese, low fat
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tsp bay leaf, ground
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 oz provolone
- Cook eggplant in boiling water, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides leaving ½" shell.
- Mash scooped out insides with cottage cheese, onion, bay leaf, basil, oregano and tomato sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F stuff eggplant halves, place in casserole dish and bake covered for 15 minutes .
- Add a little water to bottom of pan to keep eggplant moist.
- Top with provolone cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes uncovered.
Nutritional informaton Edit
1 serving = 244c, 2 meat, 1 bread, 2 veg protein 10gm, fat 4gm, carbo 10 gm